• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Does ANYONE know the resource usage for Comodo Internet Security?
Try it out and you will know
There are a bunch of free AV solutions and you will get a bunch of different answers.
The resource usage is really a moot point in regard to the question at hand as one person will say it affects their system and one will say it is not noticeable."Light" is a vague term and open to interpretation,what is light on my system might be not so light on yours.Unless it is a marked increase in resource usage from one program to another you are probably never going to notice the difference and detection & protection should be the deciding factor.I would rather sacrifice some extra resources than sacrifice on protection.
I used KIS for years and listened to how heavy it was on your system and the how the resource usage was so high.Never once did I have a problem running it on any PC I had it installed on.
Resource usage while important really depends on many factors as to how it is going to run on your computer.You will never really get a true answer to this question in this thread or anywhere else.The only way to know for sure is to try them.
There are the same type of threads already posted in the forums.Personally I would skim through them and pick a couple you might want to try and give them a go.

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
For a second I thought I had a dejavu. Surely OP can do a search to see the several scattered around threads.

In any case, all are light, depending on your hardware. an example: CIS used around 30MB RAM on one of my systems but on another was over 40.

Plus while I go by the actual definition of light, most are just interested in RAM usage.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Panda free antivirus
Qihoo 360
Malwarebytes free

Depending upon your system and requirement, many free antiviruses are out there, but you have to use more than 1 to cover for a paid security solution which provides all-around protection.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I would go with Bitdefender Free. Really Good detection (Bitdefender Free has the same engine of the paid one). Really Good web blocker, phishing detections in the Free version! Active virus control is also really good (heuristics). However, you have no customisation (it's a set and forget product). I also agree with quihoo 360 but I don't like their privacy policy and the web blocker seems to be buggy (it doesn't block the page in time and lets you download the malware le access a phishing page)

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
My vote goes to Qihoo 360.
You have low end system? no problem - Use Cloud Only Engines.
You don't want extra cleanup option? no problem - Use TSE.

Don't bother much about Chinese Company. It's a microsoft gold certified partner. Also if you think only Chinese software steals privacy then you are living in your dream.

But again as exterminator already told
I think this question has been beaten to death

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I have used many programs antyvirusowych but for me, the best is Avira Free is so install and forget, this added Zemana Anti-Malware Free Premium and Mbam and is well do not need anything more.
My voice is AviraFree.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.