By what margin will the 2018 free antivirus winner beat the 2nd place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
List of apps to compare
Every freeware antivirus
What I am most interested about
Learning curve (Ease of Use)
Graphical User Interface
Exclusive Features & Functionality
Why I want to compare these apps
To see how the landscape changed for free antiviruses from 2017

Der.Reisende

Level 37
Content Creator
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
What settings do you change?
Sorry, forgot adding the spoiler with them for some reason, edited the nomination, thanks for the heads up :)

Here we go:

Tencent PC Manager Global (with custom settings):
Realtime protection mode: Expert mode (Prompt upon detecting suspect actions)
File system protection level: High (monitor all file operations)
Action on threat detection: Choose action manually
Download Protection: Security prompt on dangerous files only

As I said, on first reboot, some of them were set back to the default ones, once applied again, they stay even after automatic or manual upgrades (you don't need to uninstall TCPM Global, it can upgrade while it's running).

Black Wings

Level 3
Sorry, forgot adding the spoiler with them for some reason, edited the nomination, thanks for the heads up :)

Here we go:

As I said, on first reboot, some of them were set back to the default ones, once applied again, they stay even after automatic or manual upgrades (you don't need to uninstall TCPM Global, it can upgrade while it's running).
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. In fact, I'm installing it to see how it works on my system.

I'm thinking of running it with VoodooShield or NVT Exe Radar Pro. Maybe OSArmor ... please, any recommendations?

Thanks again :)

Der.Reisende

Level 37
Content Creator
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. In fact, I'm installing it to see how it works on my system.

I'm thinking of running it with VoodooShield or NVT Exe Radar Pro. Maybe OSArmor ... please, any recommendations?

Thanks again :)
Looking forward to your feedback!

Have only tried it in combination with SysHardener yet (v1.5), however haven’t tried it since I upgraded to Win10 1809.

Had no conflicts on the previous Windows Build 1803).

Currently using it in combination with Sphinx Software Windows 10 Firewall Control (Free Version) only.
Make sure to whitelist all TCPM Global processes when using it, you will get quite some notifications, but not more on upgrades (let alone for the installer).
One limitation of W10FWC: It has all Windows processes whitelisted, editing is only possible with the paid version.
All other processes: Default-Deny with notification.

Black Wings

Level 3
Looking forward to your feedback!

Have only tried it in combination with SysHardener yet (v1.5), however haven’t tried it since I upgraded to Win10 1809.

Had no conflicts on the previous Windows Build 1803).

Currently using it in combination with Sphinx Software Windows 10 Firewall Control (Free Version) only.
Make sure to whitelist all TCPM Global processes when using it, you will get quite some notifications, but not more on upgrades (let alone for the installer).
One limitation of W10FWC: It has all Windows processes whitelisted, editing is only possible with the paid version.
All other processes: Default-Deny with notification.
Thanks! :) You´re very kind

ZeroDay

Level 26
Verified

Here we go:

Is Tencent safe software?

TairikuOkami

Level 21
Content Creator
Verified
Perfectly, it is being regularly tested on AV Comparatives, unlike its brothers, who got banned for cheating. Though it performs slightly worse than Bitdefender (delayed signatures?), I would probably pick Adaware over it, that is, if you do not like Chinese software or Chinese in general. :oops:

ZeroDay

Level 26
Verified
Perfectly, it is being regularly tested on AV Comparatives, unlike its brothers, who got banned for cheating. Though it performs slightly worse than Bitdefender (delayed signatures?), I would probably pick Adaware over it, that is, if you do not like Chinese software or Chinese in general. :oops:
Thank you. I use KFA+CF I just wondered how safe Tencent was. Thanks again.

TairikuOkami

Level 21
Content Creator
Verified

Der.Reisende

Level 37
Content Creator
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
Though Zemana flags it as PUP, I would consider it safe to use, it's being certified by multiple labs (腾讯电脑管家_权威认证, if you trust them), just like as @TairikuOkami stated. However, you can never know what data it will transfer (but this is common for most vendors, to transfer data in the background). At least the Auto-SUD option is off by default (Auto report upon blocking suspected virus and trojans - Cloud Protection Project).