By what margin will the 2018 free antivirus winner beat the 2nd place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
List of apps to compare
Every freeware antivirus
What I am most interested about
Learning curve (Ease of Use)
Graphical User Interface
Exclusive Features & Functionality
Why I want to compare these apps
To see how the landscape changed for free antiviruses from 2017

Brie

Level 9
Verified

roger_m

Level 24
Verified
Content Creator
I have not seen Baidu being tested in a long time
Well they abandoned their English language products in 2015. The website is still up, but there have been no product updates since then. It's no great loss in my opinion, as for some time now, Baidu has had major issues with false positives. When I scan installers at VirusTotal, it wrongly identifies a lot of them as Win32.Trojan.WisdomEyes.

Last edited:

ZeroDay

Level 28
Verified
Malware Tester
Though Zemana flags it as PUP, I would consider it safe to use, it's being certified by multiple labs (腾讯电脑管家_权威认证, if you trust them), just like as @TairikuOkami stated. However, you can never know what data it will transfer (but this is common for most vendors, to transfer data in the background). At least the Auto-SUD option is off by default (Auto report upon blocking suspected virus and Trojans - Cloud Protection Project).
Thank you. I have no problem with Chinese software or hardware so I might give it ago. I ordered a Xiaomi A2 phone yesterday that I will be using as my daily driver. I'll check TCPM out, thanks again.

ZeroDay

Level 28
Verified
Malware Tester
Well they abandoned their English language products in 2015. The website is still up, but there have been no product updates since then. It's no great loss in my opinion, as for the some time now, Baidu has had major issues with false positives. When I scan installers at VirusTotal, it wrongly identifies a lot of them as Win32.Trojan.WisdomEyes.
I've noticed that too.