Battle Free Antivirus of the Year 2018 - Nominate

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
This thread is now closed. Please vote for your favorite product at Free Antivirus of the Year 2018 - Poll

Hello and we are back for 2018 :)

2015 Winner - Qihoo Total Security
2017 Winner - Avast Free Antivirus
2018 Winner - ??????

Last year Avast won the nominations & the final round. This time are we expecting anything different? Let's wait and watch :)

To make these nominations/results more constructive for the end-user, I will start a Pro & Con section for each antivirus in their respective sections. Please state what you found best in each antivirus to help other users.

WINNER DECISION: 2 Phases

NOMINATE ONLY: 2 Products (AV/IS/TS)
NOMINATION PHASE: 9th Nov- 19th Nov

FINAL POLL: 5 Products (most nominated)
POLL PHASE: 20th Nov - 30th Nov

WINNER DECLARATION: 1st Dec

CURRENT NOMINATION STANDINGS (votes) - Till military
------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. Kaspersky - 29
  2. Microsoft - 6
  3. Forticlient - 5
  4. Comodo - 5
  5. Bitdefender - 4
  6. Panda - 3
  7. Zonealarm - 3
  8. Avast - 3
  9. AVG - 2
  10. Tencent - 2
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I have not seen Baidu being tested in a long time
Well they abandoned their English language products in 2015. The website is still up, but there have been no product updates since then. It's no great loss in my opinion, as for some time now, Baidu has had major issues with false positives. When I scan installers at VirusTotal, it wrongly identifies a lot of them as Win32.Trojan.WisdomEyes.

Last edited:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Though Zemana flags it as PUP, I would consider it safe to use, it's being certified by multiple labs (腾讯电脑管家_权威认证, if you trust them), just like as @TairikuOkami stated. However, you can never know what data it will transfer (but this is common for most vendors, to transfer data in the background). At least the Auto-SUD option is off by default (Auto report upon blocking suspected virus and Trojans - Cloud Protection Project).
Thank you. I have no problem with Chinese software or hardware so I might give it ago. I ordered a Xiaomi A2 phone yesterday that I will be using as my daily driver. I'll check TCPM out, thanks again.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Well they abandoned their English language products in 2015. The website is still up, but there have been no product updates since then. It's no great loss in my opinion, as for the some time now, Baidu has had major issues with false positives. When I scan installers at VirusTotal, it wrongly identifies a lot of them as Win32.Trojan.WisdomEyes.
I've noticed that too.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.