Hard_Configurator - Windows Hardening Configurator

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Latest H_C beta use outdated Autoruns: 13.82.0.0 from February 13, 2018
while it already exist 13.96

Fixes since that release:
Autoruns now includes Runonce*\Depend entries, adds GPO logon and logoff locations, and fixes a bug in WMI path parsing.
This Autoruns updates adds support for redirected user Shell folders.
For 13.96 no changelog exist yet

Same also for FullEventLogView: 1.26 is included but latest one is 1.52

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Latest H_C beta use outdated Autoruns: 13.82.0.0 from February 13, 2018
while it already exist 13.96

Fixes since that release:
Autoruns now includes Runonce*\Depend entries, adds GPO logon and logoff locations, and fixes a bug in WMI path parsing.
This Autoruns updates adds support for redirected user Shell folders.
For 13.96 no changelog exist yet

Same also for FullEventLogView: 1.26 is included but latest one is 1.52
I rarely change Autoruns version because the H_C has a special module that works with the older version and may work or not with the new version. The new features are not important for H_C, because the legal applications do no use as many autorun keys as malware. The newest FullEventLogView has some bugs and does not filter properly all events required by H_C. But I plan to update these tools this year.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi Andy, I installed Windows 7 yesterday, and then H_C 5.0.0.0.
I put it at recommended settings.
There are items that I pinned to the regular Win7 start menu. Those shortcuts are all blocked. Whitelisting them doesn't work. Even my shortcut to H_C is blocked...

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hi Andy, I installed Windows 7 yesterday, and then H_C 5.0.0.0.
I put it at recommended settings.
There are items that I pinned to the regular Windows 7 start menu. Those shortcuts are all blocked. Whitelisting them doesn't work. Even my shortcut to H_C is blocked...
Did you log OFF the account?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Capture.PNG

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks. Could you please use <Tools> <Restore Windows Defaults> to remove SRP and next run H_C again?
I restored windows default, rebooted, ran H_C, logged off, and now it's the same as before. When I click on the H_C shortcut that I pinned to the Win7 start menu, I get "This program is blocked by group policy"

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I restored windows default, rebooted, ran H_C, logged off, and now it's the same as before. When I click on the H_C shortcut that I pinned to the Windows 7 start menu, I get "This program is blocked by group policy"
Do the standard shortcuts (made by H_C) work well?
You can whitelist the nonstandard shortcut locations by using:
<Whitelist By Path> <Add Path*Wildcards> and paste the full path of the shortcut.
Other whitelisting methods will always whitelist the target application which can be run by the shortcut, but the shortcut will not be whitelisted.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Do the standard shortcuts (made by H_C) work well?
You can whitelist the nonstandard shortcut locations by using:
<Whitelist By Path> <Add Path*Wildcards> and paste the full path of the shortcut.
Other whitelisting methods will always whitelist the target application which can be run by the shortcut, but the shortcut will not be whitelisted.
Thanks, that works :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.