Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Harlan,

Did you activate your KSC yet?

How to activate it?
There is nothing in the GUI & My Kaspersky portal to activate it.

I created My Kaspersky Account & for KSC, it mentioned application support not yet available in my region. I am from India.
I created another account with country selected USA during account creation & My Kaspersky had subscription option i.e get license But still no activation field.

Is KSC lic/serial similar like KIS/KTS? If Yes then may be the activation field in My Kaspersky portal applies to KSC too?
Not yet... but I think You have to add the specific KSC license code to Your "My Kaspersky Service" to remove KSC limitations...

KSC is a very new service and it seems will take a bit to be available in every country...

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Not yet... but I think You have to add the specific KSC license code to Your "My Kaspersky Service" to remove KSC limitations...

KSC is a very new service and it seems will take a bit to be available in every country...
That was my query.

India is currently not supported so nothing in My Kaspersky.

If you country is supported for KSC, do you have a activation field for KSC?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thank you very much, that's extremely kind of you. But won't Kaspersky see I'm not in India as I'm recieving definition updates and block the licence?
Most of the posts I have read on this topic is that you can activate with VPN & no further probs...So I think give a try & see.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
That was my query.

India is currently not supported so nothing in My Kaspersky.

If you country is supported for KSC, do you have a activation field for KSC?
I think there is no activation special field in "My Kaspersky", the activation is performed when adding the special code/license to "My Kaspersky" Licenses section...

D

Deleted member 2913

I think there is no activation special field in "My Kaspersky", the activation is performed when adding the special code/license to "My Kaspersky" Licenses section...
Any reason you are not activating your KSC license?

I guess to add KSC license in My Kaspersky license field, KSC license needs to be similar like KIS/KTS, so is KSC license similar to KIS/KTS?

Reactions: harlan4096

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Kaspersky 2017 Limations on Windows 10's Anniversary Update is here
Still waiting for new patch
fc4bb8bc-79f4-4edf-9dfb-695471f55dc8

ac36b9e2-136b-47d4-a989-141656fe6862
DdojTd9.png

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
For some users, uninstalling and reinstalling K2017 in W10RS1/AU did the trick and fixed some issues... the main problem is the update RS1 which makes many changes in W10 system, kernel, etc...

D

Deleted member 2913

For some users, uninstalling and reinstalling K2017 in W10RS1/AU did the trick and fixed some issues... the main problem is the update RS1 which makes many changes in W10 system, kernel, etc...
Are you running Kaspersky 2017 on Win 10 Anniversary update?

What about the limitation?

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
No, I still haven't updated to RS1/AU... limitations will be fixed probably with upcoming patch A...

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
New interesting infos about W10 RS1/AU and Kaspersky users:

FAQ: Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone 1)
Compatibility of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Workstations with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone 1)

It seems patch A for K2017 has been already delivered to fix issues with licenses.

Also this thread gives much info about issues with W10 RS1/AU and Kaspersky home products:

Activation broken after windows 10 anniversary update - Kaspersky Lab Forum

Also KL plans to deliver patch E (with full support of RS1/AU) for K2016MR1 in second half of August, and support for K2017 in September...

This is a notification that KL Sergey Dobrovolsky (Head of Consumer Products) has posted in Russian forum of KL, I've translated into English with Google OnLine Translator:
1. We are working on compatibility with Windows 10 throughout the cycle of preparation of the new OS. They were used at the same time build the OS that were available through various channels MS. So, work on the compatibility patch started long before, the OS start to spread users
2. The operating system until the last moment to make a significant change at the kernel level. That is why the release version build 2017 has been fully functional and compatible with the Anniversary Update Win10 at the time of its release later received a limited work. When this product correctly becomes constrained mode without BSOD-s and other problems for the user, leaving a fairly high level of security
3. Despite the fact that the assembly Anniversary Update Win10 was available in advance to the last moment it was not known what she was going to release Windows Update. A few years ago, MS gave other vendors RTM-assembly of a month before its release. And they all had the opportunity to prepare for the release of a new OS. Now on release builds reported a few days before entering the assembly to users
4. In addition to providing support for the new version of OS developers, we have to release its users quality test changes necessary updates. We do not want to because of the rush and undetected problems, users are faced with much more serious problems than the limited functionality.
5. The patch for the 2016 MR1 is scheduled before the patch for 2017, as This version currently enjoys a much larger number of users. Time difference to produce patches - not much
6. Operational support new versions of the operating system - this is a task of high priority for our company. We improve and optimize their processes to adapt to the new processes Microsoft to release their updates as soon as possible after the operating system upgrade. But to sacrifice quality and make experiments on its users at the same time, we are not ready

Last edited:

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Thank God I ditched this problematic piece of software. I am so much in peace now.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As I've said already in my previous posts:

1.- Don't update to W10RS1/AU yet. if You want to install, disable K2016MR1d , install W10R1/UA and then re-enable K2016MR1.
2.- If updated, uninstall K2017, and clean install it.
3.- Stay in K2016MR1, full support for W10RS1/AU will come probably next week with patch E. Full support for K2017 will come a bit later in September, probably with a patch B or I know They are already working in K2017MR1.

Last edited:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Qihoo reportedly whitelists dodgy programs, if they are paid off.
Kaspersky is not known to do that.

But if Eugene Kaspersky is indeed tightly linked to the Russian government who know's what they get up to. I've never seen Q360 perform anything less than near perfection. So, If they are getting paid off to whitelist software I'd be interested in knowing what software so I could test it out first hand because Q360 doesn't seem to miss a lot at all.

Like I say though, I've got a lot of respect for Kaspersky, and, if I was going to pay for security software or recommend paid security to family or friends it would indeed be Kaspersky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.