What song/album are you listening to right now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Noxx
  • Start date Start date
Member Chat
8,850 Replies 1,426,064 Views
Studio Ghibli | Wonderful World (A Tribute To Hayao Miyazaki) [ Subtitles Available ]:



Description:

This latest project is my declaration of immense love and admiration for the work of Hayao Miyazaki. I know he did not direct all the films I included himself, but he was involved in the screenplays. His spirit is certainly there. And to me they matter just as much. I have not used a song with lyrics in a very long time but this one is a stunner. It says it all. In a succinct and powerful way.

I cannot express enough how much I adore these films and the very particular way they are made. You can almost feel the wind on your face when watching. The yearning for a simpler life by a river, the trees, the grass, the sky, the rain, food, a warm fire… Such beauty in the ordinary and the not so ordinary. This man is an incredible artist whose contribution to cinema I shall always treasure. I do hope you will enjoy this piece. I certainly am glad to be able to share it with you.

I wanted to publish something new for AGES. For those who follow my youtube page, I tried a few months ago to publish a Nine/Rose edit, only for Youtube to block it worldwide. Which was devastating. Nevermind. I remain hopeful that it will become available in the future.

Lots of love and, as ever, a massive thank you for your constant support, even when I don’t post anything in years. I will never stop publishing new content for as long as I live. That’s a promise.

Music : What a Wonderful World by Reuben and the Dark
 
Yes, thank you, YouTube definitely works. Subscribed, so I don't lose track of her :)

Stacy Kent is one of my favorites. She's good for a couple of songs, then I move on. This one is one of those that I could just lay back on the couch, turn the lights down, and take it in.
The guy on the cover is her husband, who plays the sax about 1/2 way through.


You are welcome and thank you for sharing that, I had not heard of Stacy Kent before.

I agree, it is that type of song, a pleasant chillness.

Cool, that is a nice addition, that is great that they make music together.

Diana Krall - Almost Blue:



Description:

Music video by Diana Krall performing Almost Blue.
(C) 2004 The Verve Music Group, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.

Music
SONG: Almost Blue
ARTIST: Diana Krall
ALBUM: Almost Blue
WRITERS: Elvis Costello
 
You are welcome and thank you for sharing that, I had not heard of Stacy Kent before.

I agree, it is that type of song, a pleasant chillness.

Cool, that is a nice addition, that is great that they make music together.

Diana Krall - Almost Blue:



Description:

I like that you included the Description, as I didn't realize Elvis Costello wrote and sang that song.
Yep, and Diana Krall is another one of my favorites. Nice post :)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top