What was your first Anti-Virus/Antispyware program you can remember?

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Holy crap there was literally a bug on my computer while I was posting this (alive one, not the PC one) . Anyway, my first one was i think Norton. On my uncle's computer. My parent's used Mcafe. They switched to Kaspersky while I'm still testing to find a good av. On my current PC (windows 8) I use avast! free edition.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I just started using my own personal computer since 2009, My first desktop was dell inspiron 560s, I was given with a pirated windows 7 ultimate OS, At that time i didnt know much about computing, So My First product was AVG, I dont remember whether it was AV or IS, but i was using it without knowledge!

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
PCMedia Antivirus (PCMAV) Release Candidate
screenshot_310.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I can remember or used?

A list of some software I remember using;
- Ad-Aware 1.05/6 SE
- Ewido Anti-Spyware
- Spybot S&D 1.4 (I think)
- Yahoo Anti-Spy

But the first real-time Antivirus and Firewall was McAfee (2004), it was in a bundle sale.
Then the following year, the first Internet Suite was Norton (2005).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.