App Review Comodo Internet Security 2021

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello everyone, today we are dealing with the behemoth Comodo!
Comodo is an American company offering a free security suite all in one!
Very popular with geeks, Comodo offers a whole arsenal of protection against 0-day malware as well as modules of all kinds, and all for free!
During the installation, I refused to install Dragon and Safe Shopping, useless.

Web shield level: Unfortunately, it's a big zero. No page was blocked by Comodo.

On the other hand, its biggest strength is its Sandbox and its behavioral modules! It stopped all links via its Sandbox! (and quarantined 2 via the Sandbox)

The big reproach I can make is its antivirus engine which is quite weak.
If on the pack it was very active, I never saw it react on the URLs.
A pity, even if this has never been Comodo's strength.

At the end, there are some small remnants, but nothing alarming.
Comodo is recommendable, but not for novice users who can be quickly annoyed by Comodo's multiple alerts.

RAM Usage : Light
Phishing Test : 0/3 (2 dead, 3 missed)
Malware URL test : 10/10 (Sandbox)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected by Comodo AV engine and Sandbox)
Malware Pack : Remaining 1795 to 7141 files - All Sandboxed and detected by AV Cloud
Result :
- Comodo : 0
- Zemana : 0
- Hitman Pro : 3 (no damage)
- NPE : 0

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Expected results. I dont think that comodo is very complicated when youre using internet security (default settings) since there is no need to unblock that much stuff

Install CIS > run rating scan > do several reboots to unblock anything blocked > forget & unless installing something later

CIS is lighter than MD , just install web extension ( not comodos) to block any phishing/malware domains

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
The only issue I have with Comodo is that it has problems with Windows Security center. I found out that after startup the Windows firewall was active. After a few minutes it switches to Comodo FW. At start-up WIndows Security center cannot detect Comodo FW:

1635517029600.png

If I disabled the Windows Firewall service, Comodo is not detected.

1635517063100.png

The sandbox is amazing. Tested it with 75 ransomware samples. After the test, the system was clean. All samples are blocked or sandboxed :). The AV component is not that bad. Last time I tested it, it blocked 90% of the samples. Some bigger AV companies didn't do much better.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
What I like about it is the idea of letting it run virtually rather than blocking it for anything suspicious.
The only issue I have with Comodo is that it has problems with Windows Security center. I found out that after startup the Windows firewall was active. After a few minutes it switches to Comodo FW. At start-up WIndows Security center cannot detect Comodo FW:

If I disabled the Windows Firewall service, Comodo is not detected.

The sandbox is amazing. Tested it with 75 ransomware samples. After the test, the system was clean. All samples are blocked or sandboxed :). The AV component is not that bad. Last time I tested it, it blocked 90% of the samples. Some bigger AV companies didn't do much better.
This issue has been pointed out for a long time, but perhaps comodo doesn't care that much about it.
This problem and the trouble that the icon of the taskbar disappears were never experienced when I used it before though there were many reports.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
The products I most liked from Comodo always ended up in the trash can of Melih Abdulhayoğlu (like Comodo Time Machine and Comodo Cloud AV).
Comodo Cloud AV was the best thing they'd come up with in years. I used it and liked it. Wish I'd kept the .exe download; I'd use it today. Properly set up with Win 8.1, it should be just as viable as when they introduced it.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Comodo Firewall has been the security program that I have used the most and that I always reinstall.
MT users know that Comodo must be well configured and will be an almost impenetrable castle.:)

Thanks for the video. (y)

Last edited:

gigi64

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
Expected results. I dont think that comodo is very complicated when youre using internet security (default settings) since there is no need to unblock that much stuff

Install CIS > run rating scan > do several reboots to unblock anything blocked > forget & unless installing something later

CIS is lighter than MD , just install web extension ( not comodos) to block any phishing/malware domains
After a long time I want to install comodo free internet security
I remember when I installed it in the past it was very, very light
Which extensions should I install from comodo?

Reactions: Moonhorse

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
After a long time I want to install comodo free internet security
I remember when I installed it in the past it was very, very light
Which extensions should I install from comodo?
None from comodo , they barely block anything.

You should read this thread

I am using myself emsisoft browser security wich balances malware/phishing pretty ok

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.