Has Windows 10 already started preloading on your PC?

OS Archive
252 Replies 63,139 Views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from India & got the download but not install notification.

UPDATE - Just now got the install notification i.e the same as above posted by juhful.

After I complete the upgrade...Install.esd will be available on the same location after upgrade completion, right?
 
Upgrade not available yet and CIS hasn't released a version with Win10 compatibility yet.

Meanwhile this is what I'm doing.

2ouNnGa.gif
 
My upgrade from 8.1 pro took all of maybe 20 minutes, everything seems ok except Emsisoft Internet Security Firewall will not enable, but we will see how it goes, good luck all!
 
for those who got it installed, what is the build number ? 10240?
 
Where can I find the build number?

  • open regedit
  • Navigate to the registry key – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
On the right panel, you will find the key “CurrentBuildNumber“.The value of this key is your Windows Build Number.
 
@people who upgraded to windows 10.

Did you get a new key or do you still got the generic key (which is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T for pro) in your computer.
 
@people who upgraded to windows 10.

Did you get a new key or do you still got the generic key (which is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T for pro) in your computer.

I got a key which starts with YTM --- It's different than the key I had on Windows 8.1.
 
Hey guys, since I have Comodo IS installed does that mean I will have to wait until it gets updated before I can install W10?
 
I got a key which starts with YTM --- It's different than the key I had on Windows 8.1.

Nice to hear that. Thanks.


Hey guys, since I have Comodo IS installed does that mean I will have to wait until it gets updated before I can install W10?

One option is to upgrade to Win10 and choose "not to keep settings" which will remove all custom software installed. Anyway Comodo is yet to released a version of CIS that supports Win10 so we are out of luck.

I'm gonna upgrade to Win10 and install ESET Smart Security 9 Beta or Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 till Comodo releases an update. :p


Belarc advisor says my key is the generic key, but it says my OS is Windows 8.1 build 9600 so it don't know shid lol

Try this tool, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html.
 
What the fcuk that "working on it" spinning circle does? Its been spinning for more than 30 mins here on Win 7 64.
How much time that working on it takes?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top