Status
Not open for further replies.

XhenEd

Level 27
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
@shmu26
From what you can see, is it really now a Final/Stable product? Is there already no indication that it's still Beta/RC/TR?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
@shmu26
From what you can see, is it really now a Final/Stable product? Is there already no indication that it's still Beta/RC/TR?
it does not show any sign of beta etc. It looks just like a final release.
but after a little while, internet stopped working, and I noticed that it rearranged my windows 10 start menu icons, and I think it might have deleted an app without putting it in quarantine. So, don't expect a polished product.

EDIT: I am uninstalling, I will wait for them to work out the bugs

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
Although is there, still 2017 has not been officially released yet, probably They will develop Patch A as usually is ready for the official release in main countries...

I have KTS2017TR in several systems (laptop and desktop) and is quite stable here, no problems with INet/NetWork connection.

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
I had no issues with Safe Pay in 2016MR1, anyway every user system is a world and different :)

Just download 2017, install and check...

Added: W10 Insiders builds are not supported.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
it does not show any sign of beta etc. It looks just like a final release.
but after a little while, internet stopped working, and I noticed that it rearranged my windows 10 start menu icons, and I think it might have deleted an app without putting it in quarantine. So, don't expect a polished product.

EDIT: I am uninstalling, I will wait for them to work out the bugs
I take back that false accusation about deleting the app (something else deleted it, and I can't figure out what) but I hold by the other bugs

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
@harlan4096, what is solution if all internet sites are blocked, on all browsers, after installing KTS 2017
It did not happen immediately, but like 15-30 minutes later

could it be because I set firewall to stealth all ports?
EDIT: or because I went into windows task manager/services and set the kaspersky VPN service to start manually?

Fede90

Level 2
What about ransomware boot protection? I remember a video that i saw here where the reviewer showed the slow reactiviy of kis at the boot of system (with some samples of malwares).

harlan4096

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
@shmu26: how did You setup stealth ports in FireWall? which changed did You make? I think stealth posts are not available in Kaspersky FireWall for long time, KL does not think is it necessary since They are already closed/blocked.

@Fede90: I have no way to check it, because I don't have Cruel Sister samples... anyway in this video the sample that bypassed I guess it was digitally signed, and since by default Kaspersky trusts in them, that sample could run with any restriction, just my guess...

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
@shmu26: how did You setup stealth ports in FireWall? which changed did You made? I think stealth posts are not available in Kaspersky FireWall for long time, KL does not think is it necessary since They are already closed/blocked.

@Fede90: I have no way to check it, because I don't have Cruel Sister samples... anyway in this video the sample that bypassed I guess it was digitally signed, and since by default Kaspersky trust in them, that sample could run with any restriction, just my guess...
sorry, I was not speaking the right lingo.
In network settings, I selected "monitor all network ports"

harlan4096

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
I think enabling that feature should not lead to Your issue, in fact I usually have that feature like that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.