KAV\KIS\KTS\KFA\KS\KSOS: 20.0.0.489 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michyon

Level 2
Verified
May 18, 2018
I have installed it on a VM, and am testing now. Seems to install quickly unlike KTS 19

It slows my VM to a crawl. Ugh, seems heavy.

Other then that seems to not have any problems.

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Exactly, beta versions comes with KTS/KAV/KIS/... and KSeC (VPN) both with traces enabled, also You should disable Application and Driver Verification, deleting some registry keys and restarting the system:, section 3 Disabling Application Verifier or Driver Verifier:

Beta-Testing Guide

In Support option/link of KTS/KSeC You can disable the traces...

Still They are "stabilizing" the product, but We may find some changes:

1.- A new option in Sefl-Defense to allow/deny remote admin of the product.
2.- Parental Control has been removed, and now Safe Kids is offered to install in the same way than PassWord Manger.

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Notification in K2020 are essentially the same than in previous versions:
pGBsXj5.png
In the past a more customizable notifications settings were available in home versions, but They cut it according with their telemetry only a minor amount of homes used it...

You still have a very complex and rich customizable settings in corporate versions: KES10 / 11.

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It's the same notifications settings We have had in the last years in previous versions 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019... as I already said, extended notifications settings were cut some years ago, I think with K2013 or K2014...

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Beta Testing site is down since yesterday, probably by maintenance, so I will not change the link and probably the site will be online soon, sorry for the inconvenience...

Reactions: Berny and Venustus

carl fish

Level 7
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
Does this beta accept commercial keys yet, I remember last years beta accepted commercial keys early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.