Kaspersky 365\KAV\KIS\KTS\KSOS: 17.0.0.611RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

total

Level 1
Verified
Oct 5, 2014
hello,

free daily traffic is 200 mb, daily reset time is 2:00 am. If you want to see the statistics you need to create an account on my.kaspersky.com
5f7e9a4dt

ag0yhtalt

2016-07-14_201737 — Postimage.org
1 — Postimage.org

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

I tried latest KIS 2017 to check out VPN.

Country selection is not allowed. Need to Upgrade/Subscribe.

Automatically connected to "Ireland". Disconnect & connected, again connected to "Ireland". Disconnected & exited & started & connected again, again connected to "Ireland". Restarted the system & tried again & again connected to "Ireland". So everytime connected to "Ireland".

GUI shows 200 MB Limit & Usage is shown too.

My Kaspersky for VPN shows, Limited Version - "Application version support is not launched in your region yet, some functions & interface language may be unavailable". I am from India.

Programs & Features have separate entry for VPN & can be uninstalled i.e tried uninstalling & was successful.

Hope to see changes in the commercial released version i.e atleast country selection allowed.

I wonder if there will be difference for VPN usage in Kaspersky products for existing users i.e KTS is higher/highest home version & costly compared to KIS & so like country selection for existing KTS users will be allowed & not be allowed for existing KIS users?

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Automatically connected to "Ireland". Disconnect & connected, again connected to "Ireland". Disconnected & exited & started & connected again, again connected to "Ireland". Restarted the system & tried again & again connected to "Ireland". So everytime connected to "Ireland".
=> Warning ! That's a subliminal message to make you move to "Ireland"

I wonder if there will be difference for VPN usage in Kaspersky products for existing users i.e KTS is higher/highest home version & costly compared to KIS & so like country selection for existing KTS users will be allowed & not be allowed for existing KIS users?
I hope there will be no difference :eek:
May be a subscription option :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

I hope there will be no difference :eek:
May be a subscription option :rolleyes:

I dont mind subscription option or little increase in price of Kaspersky products due to VPN addition.

But I do think, we are not using Kaspersky free but using license paid version so for existing users country selection should be allowed, I dont mind data limit.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I dont mind subscription option or little increase in price of Kaspersky products due to VPN addition.

But I do think, we are not using Kaspersky free but using license paid version so for existing users country selection should be allowed, I dont mind data limit.
I have got others paid products offering paid options, but I hope this is like you said :)

N31R

Level 1
Verified
Jul 25, 2016
Hmm, the Release notes of KAV don't mention Kaspersky Secure Connection under "What's new" despite KSC being bundled with it on install. I think they haven't properly communicated internally about the new features. :D
In any case, I don't like that KSC is installed automatically with no option to deselect it. I really don't like when a limited free, pay to unlock feature is forced on my system.

D

Deleted member 2913

Now how long will it take to appear on official site?

And how long it takes to release through auto-updates?

Should I upgrade from previous version or do clean install?

Harlan,

You were running KTS 2017 & were able to select country in free VPN (just to confirm), right?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
hello, I would like to ask if KIS or KTS have sandbox? I found no info about KIS 2017 except the changelog. Someone posted about KIS 2017 in my language and the post said it had sandbox. Is it a standalone sandbox or it is just safemoney? Thank you

Reactions: DardiM

N31R

Level 1
Verified
Jul 25, 2016
hello, I would like to ask if KIS or KTS have sandbox? I found no info about KIS 2017 except the changelog. Someone posted about KIS 2017 in my language and the post said it had sandbox. Is it a standalone sandbox or it is just safemoney? Thank you
No sandbox like Sandboxie, only Safe money that protects your browser from your system, not vice-versa.

N31R

Level 1
Verified
Jul 25, 2016
Now how long will it take to appear on official site?

And how long it takes to release through auto-updates?

Should I upgrade from previous version or do clean install?
Maybe soon, maybe a couple of weeks. But installers are already on official servers, posted earlier by harlan.
Depends, but certainly not soon.
Clean install.

suma

Level 4
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
KIS disable Keyboard impression in chrome browser both of my Win7 and 10 pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.