Not open for further replies.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Try duplicates of KL Root certificates in system and FireFox, keep always the last one/more updated.

Reactions: DardiM

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Chrome uses the Windows manager for certificates, the same for IE and Edge.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have to admit that I'm also a bit confused with that :confused:... maybe it's because the update, and not from clean install, but not sure yet.

Probably Patch A will come and will unblock those limitation like last year with KIS2016 and W10... currently I have no info...

Reactions: shmu26 and DardiM

Fede90

Level 2
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
@shmu26: how did You setup stealth ports in FireWall? which changed did You make? I think stealth posts are not available in Kaspersky FireWall for long time, KL does not think is it necessary since They are already closed/blocked.

@Fede90: I have no way to check it, because I don't have Cruel Sister samples... anyway in this video the sample that bypassed I guess it was digitally signed, and since by default Kaspersky trusts in them, that sample could run with any restriction, just my guess...

You're right, they was Cruel Sister samples. Yes i think there won't be problems with ransomware in general, just curiosity because i have never tested malware like those in my vm :)

D

Deleted member 2913

I have to admit that I'm also a bit confused with that :confused:... maybe it's because the update, and not from clean install, but not sure yet.

Probably Patch A will come and will unblock those limitation like last year with KIS2016 and W10... currently I have no info...
What do you mean by "maybe it's because the update, and not from clean install?"

Limitation page mention - If you upgrade to Windows 10 or install Kaspersky Internet Security on Windows 10........

Last edited by a moderator:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
the post says screenshot prevention is not working but as I just tested it worked properly. Not sure what they mean but I have not seen any incompatible features except after pausing the protection for a while the internet stopped working for a few seconds and then it worked again

D

Deleted member 2913

Have they changed the registration in 2017 version?

I remember 2016 version use to prompt for registration time to time until you register. But with 2017 version it hasn't prompt me to register yet.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Some many questions :oops: I'll try to answer...

Update -> from an old windows to new W10, and having Kaspersky 2017.

Clean install is installing W10 + Kaspersky 2017 from scratch (not upgrading from previous Windows).

I agree that I have installed KTS2017TR in some of my systems and not finding any limitations They say in that Support article.

About VPN, I think although KSC is powered by HotSpot Shield technology, probably Kaspersky uses its own infrastructure, but still not so much info about it...

About registration... I have now active a trial period in one KTS2017TR and it is warning me to register since day 15!!!! so I can confirm You 2017 still is very annoying in warning to register :mad::D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

I have clean install 2017 KIS & not once it asked me to register. I have activated with license.

D

Deleted member 2913

With Your legal license? I'm talking about trial 30 days period :)
Its a promo license with 23 days remaining. Same license I was using with 2016 version And still was time to time getting prompt to register. But with 2017 version I am not getting registration alert atleast not yet.

Why are you using trial & not license?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have it in a testing system :) and was waiting the reward key Kaspersky gives me as a gift for beta testing it ;) last week in the end They sent :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.