Kaspersky 365\KAV\KIS\KTS\KSOS: 17.0.0.611RC

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Only for 1 year, until the next beta testing haha :D but this time I got 2 keys 1 for KTS2017 and 1 for KSC! I haven't activate them yet :)
KSC means Kaspersky Secure Connection, right? Thats Great.

KSC works good, speed is good & good clean GUI but free version is useless with no country selection allowed. I wish the anniversary giveaway was for KSC instead of password manager.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
1 If I have 2016 installed on win10, and I export settings,
can I then install 2017 and import my settings?

2 if I do this, will I have the protection limitations mentioned in the article, or full protection?

3 if I uninstall the VPN that comes bundled with 2017 (which I don't use), will that mess up anything?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
1.- I do not recommend export setting between different versions, but You can try, but maybe some of them will not work correctly.

2.- I think limitation of that article are not related to this but Windows upgrade to W10.

3.- In fact I did it, and no problems, KTS2017TR went on working fine :)

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi harlan4096, Can I ask you some question?

1. I had live chat with Kaspersky support and asked about Kaspersky 2017 version, they gave me this link: Kaspersky Personal & Family Security Software. Is it the comercial final version?
  2. I'm having problem with Kaspersky's scan encrypted connection settings on version 2017 (download from above link), I cannot access any HTTPS websites, and I reinstalled my Windows, everything works great now. I don't know what's happened?
  3. About Kaspersky Secure Connection, when I clicked on "Remove Limitation" button, it opens Kaspersky Store website and I didn't find any option to purchase? Btw, if I have lifetime license of Hotspot Shield, can I use it on Kaspersky Secure Connection? I noticed that Kaspersky Secure Connection powered by Hotspot Shield. And 200MB per day or per month?
Thanks for supporting me! Have a nice day!

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
1.- Of course, since it is already in Official KL WebSite, more official than that is impossible ;) :D

2.- Sometimes, and probably when uninstall previous versions of Kaspersky, KL Root Certificate usually is not deleted and duplicates are kept in Windows Manger for certificates, and in FireFox own manager. Those duplicates should be removed and keep the one from last version.

3.- Probably because infrastructure to buy KSC data traffic is not available yet... about license of HSS working in KSC, I'm not sure, I guess will not work, anyway try and let us know ;)

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
1.- Of course, since it is already in Official KL WebSite, more official than that is impossible ;) :D

2.- Sometimes, and probably when uninstall previous versions of Kaspersky, KL Root Certificate usually is not deleted and duplicates are kept in Windows Manger for certificates, and in FireFox own manager. Those duplicates should be removed and keep the one from last version.

3.- Probably because infrastructure to buy KSC data traffic is not available yet... about license of HSS working in KSC, I'm not sure, I guess will not work, anyway try and let us know ;)
1. Because when I download with trial link on Kaspersky website (Kaspersky Personal & Family Security Software). It stills get old 2016 version (http://usa.kaspersky.com/files/?file=kts&lang=en&program=kts-trial&track=trial_ktskts_usen), not 2017. Because of that, I don't know if the 2017 version is official released
uJGqmG4.png

3. About KSC, I don't find the way to active it under Hotspot Shield license, and I've just edited my reply above, maybe you did not see, about 200MB free, per day or per month

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
1.- Probably because all the links/sites have not been updated yet, but that is official and final 2017MR0 installer. Although the official release usually is progressive around the different countries... for example, for Spanish version I will have to wait until September :)

3.- I guess is per month... I know, very low/little...

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I might check this out. I prefer to use free security software and make a donation rather than be forced to re-subscribe every 12 months, plus I think some of the free options out gun paid security software. With that said, however, out of all the paid security software I have always admired Kaspersky and used it on several occasions. Tweaked correctly this has always been an amazing security solution. I look forward to testing the new version.

D

Deleted member 2913

200MB per day seems good for web browsing, if Kaspersky accept choosing the location, that's great!
Yeah, would be good if country selection is allowed.

KSC is powered by Hotspot Shield VPN And Hotspot free version is the same as KSC free version. There should be a difference & Kaspersky should allow country selection as benefit/advantage for KIS/KTS licensed users.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
On my computer, Kaspersky 2017 loads faster when computer startup but I feels some laggy when scrool web page. I think it maybe related to my Kaspersky 2017 (not happened on my computer with 2016 version)

Does Kaspersky 2016 fully support Windows 10 and how does the 2016 version run in general?

Reactions: DardiM

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Does Kaspersky 2016 fully support Windows 10 and how does the 2016 version run in general?
Kaspersky 2016 supports WIndows 10 with some limitations (version 2017 had, too). My computer runs Kaspersky 2016 over some months without reinstall Windows, sometimes cause lags, but overall, it's great!

Reactions: DardiM and ZeroDay

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Kaspersky 2016 supports WIndows 10 with some limitations (version 2017 had, too). My computer runs Kaspersky 2016 over some months without reinstall Windows, sometimes cause lags, but overall, it's great!

Thank you, I think I may check it out. I'm happy with my current security setup, but I like trying out other solutions and I have always liked Kaspersky.

Reactions: DardiM and Maxxx58
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.