harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Good news for everyone!

A new version of the beta build is available for download and testing.

You can download the version from the links below

Download from ownCloud
Download from Kaspersky Box

Can be activated only through Internet. Beta-license is valid for 90 days.

Before installation of the new build, please uninstall the previous build (sometimes kavremover may be needed) and reboot the system

Advices for novice testers
  • Do not proceed with testing without reading the instructions;
  • All found bugs should be posted in the related topics so it would be wise to read their headers at first. Bug reports should contain all useful info (it will be clear after reading the instruction from p.1);
  • The most convenient way to upload big files (traces or dumps): in .zip archive on OwnCloud.;
  • Traces as well as app and driver verifiers are enable in this build.
  • This area of forum is not connected to Tech Support (Bugs of Beta-products are collected here)
Additional Information

Please don't post on the beta forum if you are not participating in the beta testing.

Full info: KAV\KIS\KTS\KFA\KS\KSOS: 20.0.0.713 RC

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Here are some screen-shots of how looks like KTS2020RC b713, some minor visual changes, now all the settings (clickable) are underlined, and some minor new features, other moved (hardware virtualization) with an extra setting:

petersaints

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2015
I'm using KSC 2019 Free for awhile now and it has been very nice. I just don't understand why they keep pushing KAV Free as their Free option but at the same time have KSC Free available if you Google it or find the right menus on their Global/US website. Nevertheless, if KAV 2019 Free allow us to turn stuff on and off like KSC Free does, I'll have no reason to stay with KSC since I only use the AV features that comes with it.

Why bad? I prefer product stabilization and internal changes than bloated new features that don't work properly...

Kaspersky has enough Application Control, TAM and Policy Editor bugs to keep them busy for a year doing bug fixes. Adding more features isn't necessary. In fact, removal of the unneeded features should be the second priority. Adding new features should be dead-last.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I will be fine if only Kaspersky makes their products more lighter , I can't install it in some laptops here because it froze them so bad, it really can't open even explorer, well the laptops are not new but they can run Norton and ESET

Interestingly when people read 6/6 for Kaspersky Performance impact then the newbies think that is the lightest antivirus for their low-end system. To be honest AV-Comparatives and AV-Test labs tests the product on high-end systems or ones with decent configuration and provides the results.

Kaspersky has major performance impact when installed on systems with less RAM and low CPU resources

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Interestingly when people read 6/6 for Kaspersky Performance impact then the newbies think that is the lightest antivirus for their low-end system. To be honest AV-Comparatives and AV-Test labs tests the product on high-end systems or ones with decent configuration and provides the results.

Kaspersky has major performance impact when installed on systems with less RAM and low CPU resources

Kaspersky's performance hit is far better than Windows Defender. The only problem with Kaspersky is that sometimes for some people it interferes with their web browsing otherwise its an outstandingly performing free anti-virus one can get today. Pair it with a NVT ERP, OS Armor etc the increased protection is tremendous.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Here are some screen-shots of how looks like KTS2020RC b713, some minor visual changes, now all the settings (clickable) are underlined, and some minor new features, other moved (hardware virtualization) with an extra setting:

Love the new features. They are not new features as improved features of what is already a great function. Just one concern, the mozilla products separate HTTPS scanning has info that it will block websites & URL's, so is it HTTPS block or filter-type thing?

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Just one concern, the mozilla products separate HTTPS scanning has info that it will block websites & URL's, so is it HTTPS block or filter-type thing?
I think is just an specific way to control HTTPS in Mozilla products, and to select which KL root certificate use, the one in the own settings or the one in Windows. I guess all the detection features will remained as always.

In the last build 20.0.1.780 there are even some new changes, for example in WebCam protection module -> a new option to access the rights in Application Control.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.