Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
At first I was struggling to get used to it, but now I like it much better. I still have to get used to the sub forums not being immediately visible but this site is much much better now especially on mobile.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Started getting this again today in Slimjet.

Afz00iD.png
It happened to me too but only once or twice randomly, now everything is fine :)
Chrome here.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
In Firefox (and Nightly), the sidebar does not toggle.
After login, sidebar is switched to ON. If I want to remove sidebar, I click several times (fast) on the sidebar button, and restart the page. As a result, sidebar is removed (=OFF).

I tried changing several settings in Firefox Preferences, but no result.
All add-ons disabled.

...For guest (not logged) - no sidebar (good!).

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
FOUND (4th)!

Yes, I've found another source of problems in ScriptSafe!

Problem:
In Chrome (Chrome forks) the commands in Post Reply window don't react.
With ScriptSafe enabled.

Solution:
In ScriptSafe Options, Whitelist malwaretips.com under (always notched)
"Prevent Clipboard Interference"
- so Font Size works, bolding works, Underline etc, all commands works.
With ScriptSafe enabled.

If You're fan of my "FOUND" 1-4 posts, try these posts in this same topic:

1: Post #249
2: Post #273
3: Post #279
4: Post #309 (this one)

- posted on Cent (Chrome fork).

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
FOUND (5th):

This is posted for history, this problem I've no more:

No possibility to write in the Post Reply window, in Firefox (and forks), was caused here by "JavaScript Whitelist 0.0.5" add-on (on the Mozilla store, the name now is: "whitelist javascript websites"), which remained in state: javascript block. The icon of this add-on was not present next to the others, this contributed to non-visibility, obscuration of this problem.
This add-on removed, no more of this problem "no possibility to write...".

But if you disable JavaScript globally with another add-on (e.g. "Whitelist JavaScript 1.7", called now on the Mozilla store: "Whitelist or Blacklist JavaScript" - here: Whitelist or Blacklist JavaScript – Add-ons for Firefox) - or another: ScriptFilter - updated recently for Version 3.2 - Released March 30, 2018 - 50.3 KiB) - the "no write" usability problem come back.

So if you don't block globally JavaScript, everything would be good in MT "Post Reply" window...

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The header in the MWT 2018 Beta theme is really nice at the moment. (y)

I start to belive the logo and everything else, links search option etc in the headers top bar should be in the same spot as the MVT 2018 Beta even in the midnight theme because you simply don't have to move your eyes as much. It also looks more clean and professional IMO.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
In this new version when i hover the cursor over the alerts, avatar and conversations icon nothing happens.
I have to click on the icons to see what is there.
While on the previous version i just hovered over the icons and for example i could see the alerts.
Can this be restored?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
In this new version when i hover the cursor over the alerts, avatar and conversations icon nothing happens.
I have to click on the icons to see what is there.
While on the previous version i just hovered over the icons and for example i could see the alerts.
Can this be restored?
Sure, I think this is the new software behavior, however it's not hard to change it. It's on my to-do list.

---
Made some more changes to the MWT 2018 BETA style, feedback is welcomed.
1.jpg

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I like it too. I have another issue with Google Chrome.
Because my display runs at a zoom of 125% some smileys are cut off:
Chrome:
Smileys Chrome.JPG

Same post in Edge:
Smileys Edge.JPG

This happens also on the default theme.

Reactions: Prorootect
D

Deleted member 65228

Because my display runs at a zoom of 125% some smileys are cut off
XenForo uses one PNG file which will have all of the emoticons on it beneath one another, so when you add an emoticon into the post, it will use the same PNG for every single emoticon except the image's content position will be changed to put the right emoticon into view.

So it must be the positioning and hence that is why your emoticon is being cut off on Google Chrome. You can see from your demonstration image that half of another emoticon is being showed as well.

I'm using Google Chrome (latest version) and I haven't had this problem though... I am also on Microsoft Edge and there's no issue there. I can't seem to replicate the issue while using 125% or 150% zoom on either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge either.

It might be worth a shot to see if the issue doesn't happen when you put the zoom back to default to test it.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Restart of the MT page, events I'm reading at the bottom left of the page:

Waiting for malwaretips.com...(for a long time)
Read cdn.materialdesignicons.com...
Waiting for malwaretips.com...
Read...
The TLS handshake..
Transferring data from cdn.materialdesignicons.com...
Transferring data from fonts.googleapis.com...
Waiting for malwaretips.com...
Transferring data from fonts.gstatic.com...
Read...
Waiting...etc etc

More 3rd party JavaScript scripts = more waiting, so bigger load time, we saw this...
For now I see 3 third-party scripts, then is coming 4th: fonts.gstatic.com...Al these are blocked here by 3PRB add-on; but website is functionning OK. with block of these scripts.
Bigger resource hogs are DOM Processing, Parse (why this ajax.googleapis.com?), and too DOMContentLoaded Event (says Load Time add-on).

On gtmetrix.com: GTmetrix Performance Report: A (95%) / B (82%) , Latest Performance Report for: MalwareTips - Your Security Advisor

Performance Scores

A PageSpeed Score
(95%)

B YSlow Score
(82%)

Page Details

Fully Loaded Time
1.6s

Total Page Size
574KB

Requests

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Just my personal opinion.
At the moment i like the MT 2018 style than the Beta.
Letters are more easy to read than the Beta.
About Midnight style i like it but i think the brightness of the letters should be turn down just a bit.
For my taste letters are a bit more bright than i want.
I will check the styles again and i will give my feedback ( always my personal opinion:))
Thanks @Jack for the great work

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.